HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST) is responsible for procurement, warehousing, sales and distribution of quality medicines and medical supplies to all health facilities in Malawi. The CMST seeks to recruit a Human Resource and Administration Manager (HRAM) at Grade MS3 tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe as follows:
Job Title : HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER Grade : MS3
Responsible to : Director of Finance and Administration (MS2)
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA), the Human Resource (HR) and Administration Manager will be responsible for coordinating human resource management and administration functions at CMST and providing leadership to Human Resource and Administration Officers.
The role of the Human Resource and Administration Manager shall focus on the effective and efficient running of the HR and Administration functions through adoption of policies, guidelines and best practices for staff motivation in order to achieve productivity at all levels.
The role shall include assisting the Director of Finance and Administration with staff recruitment and exits, occupational health and safety, staff performance, staff training and development, security of persons and property (assets) and records and fleet management.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop/review and implement human resource and administration, policies, guidelines and Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) through effective planning, organization and coordination.
2. Develop/review and implement CMST Terms and Conditions of Service handbook and advise Management on HR matters of the Trust.
3. Initiate and coordinate staff recruitment and exits in accordance with the Labour Law and CMST Terms and
Conditions of Service handbook.
4. Develop/review and implement staff training and development policy or guidelines and annual training plans and career development programmes.
5. Develop/review security policy or guidelines, determine and address CMST security needs and coordinate implementation.
6. Develop/review and coordinate the implementation of the Code of Conduct and Staff Disciplinary
Procedure and decisions.
7. Develop/review and coordinate the implementation of health and safety policy/guidelines including staff wellness and HIV and AIDS workplace programme.
8. Develop/review and coordinate the implementation of the Fraud and Corruption Prevention Policy and
operation of the Institutional Integrity Committee (IIC).
9. Conduct supervisor training and coordinate bi-annual and annual staff performance assessment/appraisal using an appropriate performance management system/tool.
10. Coordinate regular organizational/functional reviews and align HR requirements to available jobs based on an ideal organizational structure.
11. Coordinate the implementation of staff salaries and benefits in line with terms of employment and conditions of service.
12. Coordinate management of legal matters in collaboration with the Ministry of Justice and Constitutional
Affairs and CMST private legal counsel.
13. Develop/review and implement a records (including file and mail) management system.
14. Develop and maintain a Fixed Asset Register and Fleet Management System for Motor Vehicles.
15. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual HR and Administration reports.
16. erform any other position-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
The incumbent must:
Possess a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or Public Administration or Business Administration, coupled with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Public Administration obtained from accredited universities;
Possess at least eight (8) years’ practical and verifiable HR and Admin experience at senior management
position, preferably in the public or private sector; and
Be a registered and paid up member of a relevant People Management and Administration Professional body in Malawi or internationally and be in good standing.
A self-starter, team leader and player of undoubted integrity.
Excellent understanding of international and Malawi Labour Laws, industrial relations and regulations.
Excellent conflict management skills and ability to solve complex problems.
Ability to forecast and plan for human resource and administration requirements in a large organization.
Disciplined with excellent communication, networking, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
Ability to undertake multiple and simultaneous tasks.
Submission of Application
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit applications and detailed Curriculum
Vitae (CV) with at least three names of traceable referees and copies of certificates via email or address below, clearly marked “HRAM VACANCY” not later than 16:00 hours on Friday, 2nd November, 2019:
Email : email@example.com
Postal Adress :
The Chief Executive Officer Central Medical Stores Trust, Mzimba Street,
Opposite Kamuzu College of Nursing
Private Bag 55, Lilongwe.
CMST is an equal opportunity employer although only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.