CENTRAL MEDICAL STORES TRUST
The Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST) is responsible for procurement, warehousing, sales and distribution of quality medicines and medical supplies to all public health facilities in Malawi. The CMST now seeks to recruit Procurement Manager (PM) at Grade MS3 tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe as detailed below:
Job title : PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Grade : MS3
Reporting to: Director of Procurement (MS2)
Overall purpose of the job:
Reporting to the Director of Procurement (DoP), the Procurement Manager shall play a key role in the procurement of all medicines, medical supplies, goods, works and consultancy services required by CMST and provide leadership to Procurement Officers.
The role of the Procurement Manager shall include supervision of staff and assisting the Director of Procurement with managing the purchasing and supply-chain management for Trust. The incumbent shall also help establishing policies and procedures covering value for money strategic sourcing, compliance with spending limits and improving productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and supervising the activities of staff within the Procurement Directorate.
- Assist the Director of Procurement (DoP) with technical issues when liaising with the Public Procurement and Disposal Authority and Cooperating Partners;
- Provide advice through the Director of Procurement on all matters relating to procurement;
- Participate as a member of the CMST Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee;
- Contribute to the preparation and update of the CMST Annual Procurement Plan;
- Participate in the review and approval of Bidding Documents, Specifications, Procurement Notices, Letters of Invitation, Shortlisting and Bid Evaluation Reports and Contracts in respect of CMST procurement;
- Review procurement requests submitted by user Departments;
- Draft reports on procurement activities undertaken by CMST for submission to the DoP;
- Oversee maintenance of Procurement Databases and Registers.
- Liaise with Procurement Auditors and facilitate the audit process.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
The incumbent should:
- Have a strong personality and be of decisive disposition and of undoubted integrity;
- Be a self-starter;
- Be capable of managing a Department and motivating employees to perform and deliver on their mandates;
- Be a Team Player and Team Builder;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Possess the qualities and skills that will enable them to successfully perform the duties described above.
- A Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management and with a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Commerce, Business Administration, Law or any other relevant discipline from an accredited and recognised University.
- Those candidates with a professional qualification in procurement and supply chain management such as the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent shall have added advantage. Membership to a professional procurement body such as Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS) is essential.
Experience and skills
- A minimum of 7 years verifiable experience in the management of public procurement, with specific experience of procurement for major projects and programmes in the health sector.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project Management, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Ability to conduct effective negotiations and manage complex transactions involving suppliers, customers and all key stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform financial analysis and budgeting; application of tools and processes to successfully develop and implement supplier arrangements conducting negotiations to improve processes.
- Demonstrated excellent influencing skills and strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively partner with diverse groups with different needs and agenda.
- Proven ability to work across functional area boundaries, and to lead multi-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.
Submission of Application
Interested persons should submit their applications, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and copies of certificates clearly marked “PM VACANCY” not later than 16.00 HOURS ON 21 SEPTEMBER, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Central Medical Stores Trust
Mzimba Drive, Opposite Kamuzu College of Nursing
Private Bag 55,
CMST is an equal opportunity employer although only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.